Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 9: Living Limited

It takes faith to say "yes."

Sometimes it takes even greater faith to say "no."

No.

No.

No.

Why is it that this simple word is the one of the greatest downfalls of today's modern woman?

It's. Just. So. Hard. To. Say. {And even harder to admit.}

No, I can't teach this Sunday School class. {Even though I know you have no one else to ask.}

No, I can't make a meal for this new mom. {Even though I know she could really use a break.}

No, I can't drop everything for you today. {Even though I love you dearly and would give my life for you.}

Why is it so hard to set limits and even harder to live this limited life?

Maybe because we were never made to be super woman after all. We are finite.

Or maybe it's because I'm still learning that I don't run the world and that it's not all up to me after all.

Today, healthy living sounds like fearfully, faithfully breathing the word "No."

And being willing to wait in the dark for His grace and His leading for when to say "Yes."

Sara Groves sings this truth...Listen and be encouraged.

 
Sara Groves "Finite"


I'm writing for 31 days of {Healthy} Living this month.
Join me and let's LIVE! Check out the end of Day 1 for the link to all the posts.

2 comments:

Tiffany Nevil said...

Wow Kara. What a beautiful song by Sara Groves! And so true. It is so very hard to say no.

odile said...

great series!!