Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 29: Beating the Monday Morning Blues



Got the Monday Morning Blues today?
Love these words from Justin Taylor at the Gospel Coalition.

And, IMHO,

Mornings go better with...
1. Annie!
"You're never fully dressed without a smile." Tomorrow morning, try punching in "Annie" to your Pandora, and start out the day on a great note!

2. Truth from Twilight

"Twilight" is our kitchen bulletin board owl. Last week we {finally} got serious about learning our Kiddie Catechism. We put up this bulletin board and affectionately named her Twilight so that she would be staring at us each morning as we eat cereal to remind us to read and review the latest questions and answers we are learning. These past few weeks Tim Keller has shared some good thoughts on memorizing a catechism {and no, it's not just for Catholics and Lutherans} He also has a great new resource, called New City Catechism. I personally love listening to "Ask Me WhoOo" with the little ones. Not sure if it's the catchy tunes, the Bible verses added to flesh out the meaning, or just my newly found love for all things owl-y.

3. Watching "Pioneer Woman" on the Food Network while folding laundry!
Yesterday I tried to make Rosemary Focaccia bread and it sadly flopped. Not sure if it's my yeast or the higher altitude. I'm having a do-over today with the Pioneer Woman's Recipe {I just might reduce the amount of olive oil, however} and I'm hoping it will be successful and will make our Meatless Monday menu of plain 'ole spaghetti something special.

4. Remembering to Get Dressed for Battle
Most days I forget that life in Jesus is really a battle, and I am sorely under dressed. More than a smile and good thoughts, I need a helmet and a shield, a breastplate and shoes, oh, and don't forget my sword and belt. This is not pretend and I'm not just dressing up to beg for tricks or treats; this is war. And how many days do I merely forget my belt, and then life gets a little messy and I just come undone? The battle for healthy living is in my mind, and my whole outfit falls apart when I merely forget my belt of truth. I'm becoming painfully aware of my need for more and more grace, and thankfully, there's more than enough in Jesus. Especially on a Monday morning.

5. Coffee
Enough said.

I'm writing for 31 days of {Healthy} Living this month.
Join me and let's LIVE! Check out the end of Day 1 for the link to all the posts.


No comments: