Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3: Living in Community

Today, God is teaching me about the value of community when it comes to living healthy.

Because, let's face it. I would not have gotten out of my pjs this morning to do circuit training at the park if it were just me.

No. It takes some positive peer pressure to get this rear into gear.

It's always more motivating and inspiring for me to work out with a friend, but I've never made that happen on a consistent basis until now.

Each week I meet several other ladies in a local park and our super-buff-wonder woman-gift from God-exercise trainer leads us in warm ups, and then we progress through a series of 12-15 one minute exercises in a circuit and finish up with one glorious cool down. It's hard work for this "I lost all my core muscles when I had kids" gal! But you know the beautiful thing? We are all in this together.

{Cue the cheesy High School Musical soundtrack...}

No one has it together. We're all out of shape. But we do it together and help one another and give a lot of grace to each other...and to ourselves more importantly.

And once again God reminds me of how he made us to live and grow in community, rather than in isolation. As a wise friend once pointed out recently, God himself lives in community too--with the Trinity. It is not good for man, or woman, and especially mommy, to be alone. So much more do I need to be in community with others. Especially when it come to lacing up my athletic shoes.

It's a good thing. And it's truly life giving.


I'm writing for 31 days of {Healthy} Living this month.
Join me and let's LIVE! Check out the end of Day 1 for the link to all the posts.


1 comment:

Ashley Brandt said...

Encouraging! Matt & I were just discussing a lack of discipline in our lives including exercise just this morning.