Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 30: Giving Up on Martha


I'm giving up.

Not giving up on "Living," but giving up on Martha.

She's just not reality.

She's plastic and perfect, and I've finally decided perfection is over-rated. And boring.

I'm slowing learning to love the cracked, the broken, the dirt, and the mess. It's real. It's relational. It's life.

So I'm learning to give up.

Slowly, but surely.

I'm painfully realizing it wasn't perfection so much I was after, but it was my ugly pride and my performance that really mattered. And this is not life. At least not the Zoe life in the Spirit that truly is living.

I'm going to need more time. Maybe a lifetime. But I'm learning. And that's what counts. That's what counts to make this life beautiful.


I'm writing for 31 days of {Healthy} Living this month.
Join me and let's LIVE! Check out the end of Day 1 for the link to all the posts.



No comments: