Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 26: The Voices in My Head

I have an aunt that heard music.

All. The. Time.

And the glorious pleasures of her musical mind turned dark and painful and slowly made her sick.

I've heard that some hear crickets.

Others hear a ringing, a buzzing, a humming.

Puts a sad twist to the line, "Like music to your ears."

"The hurting people I work with hear 'You're worthless. You're a loser. Your life doesn't matter,' " she tells me.

And it begs the question,

"What are the voices in my head, heart, mind?"

and

"Who am I listening to?"

and

"Am I listening to my Father's voice, or to the Father of lies?"

Do I hear,

"You are my daughter."

"I am pleased."

"There is therefore now no condemnation..."

"I've done the work. Rest."

"I am here. Now. Forever."

"I will never leave you nor forsake you."

"It's in My hands. Trust Me."

"I like you."

"I. Love. You. Listen to My song..."


Now that's music to my ears.

Zephaniah 3:17
"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm writing for 31 days of {Healthy} Living this month.
Join me and let's LIVE! Check out the end of Day 1 for the link to all the posts.

No comments: