Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16: Motivating Mantras

So it's half way through the month...how's my {healthy} living going?

I'm finding it's hard to say no to sugar-loaded ketchup and Panera's pumpkin cookies, but so far I've been fairly successful at significantly reducing refined and artificial sugar in my home and slowly increasing our fruit and vegetable intake. I haven't been perfect, but I've progressed. {I did resist a whole batch of Mom's homemade chocolate covered rice krispie treats that sat on my counter for several days. BooYa!}

So, what goes through your mind during times of temptations?

Here's my top 10 "Motivating Mantras":

10- This ________ will surely taste like vomit.

9- If I eat this, it will totally cancel out my morning workout. I worked too hard for that!

8- Losing weight is hard, being overweight is hard. Pick your hard. {Thanks to my friend, Mary, for this wisdom from Weight Watchers!}

7- Vomit, vomit, vomit!!!

6- If I put this in my mouth, I will feel like the complete slug I felt like last month.

5- If I put this in my mouth, I will have nutrients, energy, and LIFE!

4- Progress, not perfection.

3-Vomit, vomit, vomit!!!

2- This temptation is only an opportunity to forget my worth, God's goodness, Christ's sacrifice, and that my ultimate satisfaction comes only through Jesus. {Thanks to the lovely Kayla Smith for these wise words from Dan Zink!}

1- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Okay, now your turn! : )

I'm writing for 31 days of {Healthy} Living this month.
Join me and let's LIVE! Check out the end of Day 1 for the link to all the posts.

1 comment:

jeremy nevil said...

I tell myself that this will not be my last opportunity on Earth to eat whatever that is; cupcake, chocolate covered caramel (WITH sea salt!), mashed potatoes, etc. I also tell myself that I do not need that thing I'm craving. I just want it. A cup of decaff coffee or hot tea actually helps my cravings sometimes too. Tiff