Monday, May 23, 2011
Thank You, Lord
I'm listening to some oldies but goodies to kick off the summer. I remember first hearing Cindy Morgan's song, How Could I Ask For More, at Bible camp years ago. It reminds me to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. Simple gifts from a good God.
How Could I Ask For More
There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon
Waking to the sunlight, and being cradled by the moon
Catching fireflies at night
Building castles in the sand
Kissing Mama's face goodnight
Holding Daddy's hand
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more...
So if there's anything I've learned
From this journey I am on
Simple truths will keep you going
Simple love will keep you strong
Cause there are questions without answers
Flames that never die
Heartaches we go through are often blessings in disguise
So thank you Lord, oh thank you Lord
How could I ask for more.
Thank you Lord, for these good gifts...
102. The soil of sanctification
103. Celebrating milestones with family
105. Grandma's hugs (and her Special K bars, too)
106. Ambrosia fruit salad
107. Brothers coming to my rescue
108. Melody of chirping birds
109. Sky shining blue and wispy cotton candy clouds
110. Grazing cows in Nebraska fields
111. Children exploring nature
112. Sunday afternoon in the country
113. A week alone with my boy-man