Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Let them eat....COOKIES!



Today my son and I baked up a batch of hospitality to give to our new neighbors. Cookies! And the best part about making cookies is...making cookie dough. Yum, yum!

I discovered this recipe from my friend Megan, who is a Mary Poppins wanna-be. (I think she's pretty close!) It's been one of my favorite cookie recipes since. A little cookie heaven, I say.

Here's Megan's recipe:

Megan's Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies

(makes a double batch--double the fun, double the YUM!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 C sugar
  • 2 C softened butter (real butter, not shortening or margarine)
  • 1.5 C brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 t baking soda
  • 2 t salt
  • 2 t vanilla
  • 5.5 C white flour
  • 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 packages of colored M&Ms
Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Add the flour a cup at a time. Mix in the chocolate chips. Form dough into balls and press as many M&Ms into each ball as possible. Arrange on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven even if they don't look done. They will firm up on the warm cookie sheet after being in the oven.



No comments: