Friday, April 22, 2011

Running To The End

In John today...
"Having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end." To. The. End.

Jesus, the ultimate servant, washes His disciples feet. Yes, even the betrayer's feet. He serves His enemy. And how do we treat those who betray us? We are to serve them, like Jesus. To. The. End.

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."
How do we do this? How often do we fail to do this? Lord, help us to love others like you. To. The. End.

"Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full...This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."
We abide. We love. We lay down our lives like Jesus. To. The. End.

We cling to the True Branch of Life that was crushed for our death, for our joy, for our life. He did this to His own end--for our new beginning.

No comments: