Thursday, April 28, 2011

Orphans vs. Children

Sometimes I am tempted to feel like little orphan Annie. That's not a good day. I forget all the Jesus has promised and done for me.

And some days I feel overwhelmed by the wonderful truth that I am truly God's child. I cry out to God as my Abba, Father. These are good days.

But most days I feel a little of both. Orphan and daughter. And I have discovered that praying through this chart is a good way to ask God to help me experience life more as a daughter and less as an orphan.

You can check out this checklist at World Harvest Mission. Click on the "Orphans vs. Children" PDF link.

Romans 8:15 "For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

No comments: