Friday, January 14, 2011

Small World

This week I watched YouTube videos from our boys' piano teacher who is visiting friends in Hungary, I read blog posts from an Iowa classmate who is in Georgia (as in the country, not the state), and I talked to a pilot friend who is anticipating flying to South America soon to develop training on new aircraft. Tonight my husband made a trip to the airport to pick up his childhood friend who now lives in Miami and is married to his Venezuelan sweetheart, and I am home anticipating when our city renters will move out. Oh, and they are moving to Singapore.

Times, they are a changing. I didn't go on my first airplane ride until high school, and my children have already flown numerous times. The world wide web has connected our world like never before. Texting, emailing, blogging, skyping...What's next? I wonder, I dream, I hope for the future. My world already looks so different than the one I grew up in. What will it look like for my grandchildren? I love that they will know more of the world than I ever knew, and hopefully have opportunities to love people from all around the world living even in their own backyards. I love that times have changed and are changing. It really is a small world after all.

And in the meantime...I'm thinking I need a passport.

No comments: